Transforming the Lives of Women
We at INA work to help lift women from the circumstances that keep them trapped in a life of misery and despair. We seek to challenge the underpinning ideas of gender discrimination and provide the resources needed to create new lives for women – free of poverty, oppression and marginalisation. It’s challenging but it’s incredibly rewarding work!
It is an unfortunate reality that women around the world continue to suffer from discrimination, oppression and marginalisation. The reasons why are based in ideas that are entrenched and cultivated within races, religions, cultures, ideologies and traditions. These ideas are powerful and are used to enslave women when they should be used to liberate them.
You can help us do more – your ‘one-off’ donation or your recurring gift makes our work possible.
The Good News
Helping women and girls means they can:
- Escape poverty | Learn to read and write | Undertake more education or training
- Start a business | become self-sufficient and provide for their family’s needs
- Raise healthier children and send them to school.
SHE is a movement that is inspired and powered by a rising determination to rid the world of the injustices we see affecting girls and women around the world today – including female genital mutilation, forced marriages, sexual slavery and enforced servitude, discrimination, poverty, disease and sickness. Our program aims to assist, support and ultimately liberate women through the programs and projects we fund and operate (in cooperation with our in-country partners).
We seek to educate girls and women, train communities in equal rights for women and girls, and we seek to highlight the importance of child protection to communities. Additionally, we aim to provide access to health services, train women in vocational studies and provide loans and resources for improved livelihoods.
What Your Gift Could Do
What your gift could provide for the lives of marginalised women:
- training in relevant work skills; assistance in education and adult literacy giving the opportunity to learn how to read and write; the opportunity to learn a trade (e.g. hairdressing, dressmaking, weaving or modern farming); the opportunity to be trained in higher wage earning vocations (e.g. teacher, nurse or doctor);
- access to learn new business skills to help earn an income;
- access to receive a microfinance loan to start a business;
- health education to help stop preventable diseases and deaths (especially in infants and newborn children);
- training in nutrition, health and hygiene allowing mums to better care for herself and her family;
- training in maternal health resulting in reduced complications during childbirth for both mum and baby resulting in the reduced deaths of delivering mums and reduced deaths of newborn babies;
- healing, counselling and support from past trauma and abuse (for women that have been victims of domestic violence, human trafficking or commercial sexual exploitation);
- an income for life to support her family; SHE women have the means to feed, clothe and educate their children.
There is no better satisfaction than knowing that you’ve helped transform and save a life through your participation.
Why Regular Giving Works
Here are three reasons why your regular giving to SHE is a great way to fight poverty.
Stability | Resourcing | Investment
You provide stable financial support for women and their families.
You help meet their physical, emotional and vocational needs through loans, training,
education, counselling and support.
You help build the nation and community in which women live as they will share their new information and experiences within their communities, so others benefit from the training, education and new knowledge.